Trading Mindset...

     I wouldn't be Trading if I didn't have fun.  I'd be helping more in the Redevelopment Company my Partner runs.  It's not the absolute "Fun House" it was in 2009, but I am still having a good time.  It's pressure on me, as GP, to keep Trending Upward for our Investment Clique; but, so far, so good.
     No Investor can afford to be passive, even (especially with) with Broker Managed Accounts. 
  1. The most important advice I give (besides the ubiquitous: "GET IN") is to dicipline yourself to tradeGet into the Trading Habit: set aside a certain amount of time for Researching Stocks, reviewing your Portfolios, and BUY/SELL. 
  2. I can't imagine not checking Ports, at least, on an Open/Noon/Close/9PM Sched, but I've heard of people doing okay with a once-a-week check [I'd jump off the top of the Empire State Building if we were doing "okay"]. 
  3. Create a Set Schedule for researching stocks, and keep it.  
  4. Try and find someone with an interest in The Market to share info with.  Going it alone is fine, but it's good to have the feedback.